We asked supporters of our BetVictor Isthmian League clubs to preview the new season, reflect on the old and predict the final outcome. Their predicted 1-20 (or 22) will be worked into a final table which you will see just before the big kick off.
Tilbury had a season of two halves, perhaps best described as ‘Before Harrison,’ and ‘After Harrison.’ Steve Meredith sees a positive campaign in prospect.
1. What was your favourite moment of last season?
Beating promotion hopefuls Aveley twice comprehensively, with our best displays of the season.
2. And your worst moment?
Losing two goal leads against both Soham Town Rangers and Brentwood Town, both in the last couple of minutes. Added to that, leading 3-1 at AFC Sudbury only to lose 4-3,when we should have been about 5-1 up.
3. How will you do this season?
A few new signings and I would like to think near play offs. We need to be more consistent.
4. Which matches are you most looking forward to going to- and why?
Obviously the Grays Athletic matches; although I enjoy going to AFC Sudbury and Bury Town too- you get a bit of banter and good atmosphere.
5. What is your favourite away ground?
AFC Sudbury just shades it.
6. Who do you consider your biggest rivals- and why?
Always Grays Athletic- there’s always a simmering rivalry between the fans. They have had the better of us recently, I hope this season that changes.
7. What advice would you give to any away supporter visiting you for the first time?
We have a very friendly clubhouse, where the fans enjoy a drink and singsong.A way fans always welcome and will enjoy the banter.
8. Who is your favourite player of all time (for your club)- and why?
I go back to late 60s and early 70s, when we won titles and cups. Mal Harkins- a great goalscorer- and midfielder Gerry Sullivan were fantastic for the club.
9. Who will be in the top five at the end of the season?
Coggeshall Town, Heybridge Swifts, Aveley, Histon, Maldon and Tiptree.
Right, you've read Steve’s thoughts, do you want to be next? If you'd like to represent your club, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall see what we can do!