The draw for the Second Round Qualifying of the FA Cup has just been made- and it has delivered a number of exciting ties.
Our interest starts with tie number 32, which pairs Corinthian-Casuals with Chelmsford City, who currently sit in fourteenth place in National League South and lost at Hemel Hempstead Town at the weekend. Kingstonian also have a home tie, against Grays Athletic, so they won't both be playing on Saturday 21st September as they can't both play a home tie at once!
Margate host another side from the seaside, Concord Rangers, fifth in National League South, whilst Cheshunt are the next to have Step Two opposition, travelling to Maidstone United. It seems like only yesterday that Bognor Regis Town were defeating Dulwich Hamlet to earn promotion to National League South, and this will be Hamlet's first chance for revenge since that match as they play at Champion Hill, whilst we say hello again to Billericay Town, who will entertain Basildon United.
It isn't long since Tooting & Mitcham United and Dorking Wanderers were competing for promotion from Step Four, but now they meet again two levels apart. The Terrors are in great form and will fancy themselves capable of an upset. Enfield Town's reward for their victory over Rushden and Diamonds at the weekend is the arrival of Braintree Town- and their manager Glen Driver- at Donkey Lane.
Chipstead, winners over Westfield on Saturday, will travel to Welling United, in fifteenth place in National League South.
Ties will be played on or around 21st September. Winners will collect £6,750. Here's the draw, or at least the bits of it with our teams in it:
32. Corinthian Casuals v Chelmsford City
33. Kingstonian v Grays Athletic
37. Margate v Concord Rangers
38. Hendon v Deeping Rangers or AFC Sudbury
39. St Ives Town v Waltham Abbey or Canvey Island
40. Maidstone United v Cheshunt
41. Potters Bar Town v Hornchurch
42. Bishop’s Stortford v East Thurrock United or Peterborough Sports
43. Dulwich Hamlet v Bognor Regis Town
45. Billericay Town v Basildon United
46. Tooting & Mitcham United v Dorking Wanderers
47. Hadley v Ramsgate or Arundel
48. Leatherhead or Lewes v Bowers & Pitsea
49. Cray Wanderers v Soham Town Rangers
50. Harrow Borough v Carshalton Athletic
51. Biggleswade v Chertsey Town
52. St Neots Town or Biggleswade Town v Ware
54. Lowestoft Town v Dereham Town or Needham Market
56. Enfield Town v Braintree Town
57. Maldon & Tiptree v Wingate & Finchley
58. Moneyfields v Whyteleafe
59. Hartley Wintney v Chichester City
60. Metropolitan Police or Horsham v Dartford
61. St Albans City v Hastings United or Worthing
62. Kings Langley v Folkestone Invicta
63. Haringey Borough v Staines Town
65. Welling United v Chipstead