Confirm your age. Are you 18 or over?

Green Elephants have a night they’d like to forget- as the Rocks roll over the Hill

By Ian Townsend

We had action in every Division, the FA Cup, FA Trophy and the Velocity Trophy last night. Here’s our round up.

When the Premier Division’s leading scorer, Dan Smith, had to be replaced on the half hour with the game goalless, Bognor Regis Town fans must have allowed themselves a moment of worry. Sixty minutes- and eight goals- later it was the supporters of their Sussex rivals who had bitten their fingernails down to the knuckles, as the Rocks heaped more pressure on Burgess Hill Town manager Ian Chapman.

Harvey Whyte started the rout four minutes after Smith’s departure, and Doug Tuck doubled the advantage before the break, but it was in the last 31 minutes of the match that the damage was done. Mason Walsh, Bradley Lethbridge and Jimmy Muitt grabbed a goal each, but the plaudits must got to substitute Tommy Scutt, who went home with the match ball after a 23 minute hat trick.

Hill are two points behind Corinthian-Casuals at the bottom of the table, and without a league victory this season.

Dorking Wanderers are up to fourth spot after coming from behind to defeat Whitehawk at Meadowbank. Reece Hallard put the Hawks ahead, only for Tom Tolfrey and James McShane to turn the match around. Tolfrey was sent off five minutes from time, but the ten men held out.

AFC Hornchurch are up to fifth, and the Urchins got there in some style, defeating Folkestone Invicta 4-1 in a match which saw five different scorers. George Purcell and Connor Hogan in the first half, Sean Marks and Leon McKenzie in the second did the damage, Ian Draycott getting a late consolation for Invicta.

Bishop’s Storford continued their good run with victory over Wingate & Finchley- but it looked until the last moment that they’d dropped two points. A Jamie Cureton double gave them a commanding lead only for Marc Weatherstone to halve it just before the break, and when Chase O’Neill levelled with 25 minutes to go it seemed that the away side had earned at least a point. But that was before Alfie Mason found the net in the dying embers of the match to send Bishop’s seventh.

Potters Bar Town are ninth, a Dernell Wynter goal giving them victory at Brightlingsea Regent. The home side are still looking for a first home league victory of the season.

North Division

Basildon United are nine points clear at the top of the North Division, but last night their 100% record finally went, as they head to come from behind to earn a draw at Brentwood Town. Luke Foster gave the home side the lead, whilst Conor Mead got the leveller. Great Wakering Rovers moved up to tenth and leapfrogged opponents Dereham Town with a 2-1 win, Jake Gordon and George Cox scoring for the home side in the first half before Dion Frary made it interesting with half an hour left.

South Central Division

We had one match in the South Central Division, and Ware inflicted a first League defeat on fourth place Marlow, goals from Ben Hart, Dave Cowley and Leigh Rose easing them to a 3-0 win at Wodson Park.

South East Division

Horsham are becoming masters of retrieving lost causes, and last night they did it once more, turning around a 2-0 defecit after eighteen minutes to defeat Phoenix Sports 3-2. Conrad Lee and Kyren Mundle-Smith gave Sports the advantage, but George Howard and Will Hoare levelled before the break, and in the second half Jack Brivio moved the Hornets up to fourteenth. Horsham have a big match on Saturday as they take on Poole Town in the FA Cup, and it will be recounted in detail here as our #bostikmatchday feature.

Whyteleafe are fifth and Ramsgate tenth after a 1-1 draw at Church Road. Matthew O’Donoghue put Leafe ahead, only for George Crimmen to equalise on the stroke of half time.

FA Cup

Corinthian-Casuals headed to St Albans City, flying in sixth place in National League South, and left with a home replay to look forward to. David Moyo put city ahead, but Casuals grabbed an equaliser five minutes from time through Josh Uzun.

FA Trophy

There were three Trophy replays last night and two Bostik victors.

The first match was always going to have a positive Bostik outcome, played as it was between South Central Division rivals Chalfont St Peter and Uxbridge, but for the second time in a row the sides couldn’t be separated in normal time and Chalfont eventually triumphed 5-4 on penalties after the match ended goalless.

Cheshunt sadly fell at home to Bedford Town, a last minute Oluwole Akinsanya goal no more than a consolation in a 2-1 defeat, and in the third match, also between two Bostik rivals, a Callum Saunders double- both from the spot- and a goal from Karl Akehurst gave Haywards Heath Town a 3-0 win over Ashford United. An injury crisis for the Nuts and Bolts meant that manager Gary Alexander had to get out his boots, but he didn’t wear them for long, sent off after 36 minutes for handball and conceding that first penalty. Heath also ended with ten men, after Ibrahim Fofane earned two yellows.

Velocity Trophy

South Park took the lead against Sittingbourne in the Velocity Trophy at Whitehall Lane, but the Sparks couldn’t hold it. Chevron McLean scored their goal, but efforts from Johan Caney-Bryan and Mobolaji Dawodu gave the Brickies victory.

We’ve one match in the Premier Division tonight, as Lewes entertain Worthing. The match scheduled between Kingstonian and Tonbridge Angels has been postponed due to floodlight issues.

Where next?

Rowland leaves Summers Lane Wingate and Finchley start the search for a new manager

Match centre

Latest photos

A Season In Pictures 2019-20
44 photos
East Grinstead
39 photos
East Grinstead
Phoenix Sports
42 photos
Phoenix Sports

The BetVictor Isthmian League newsletter

Keep up-to-date with our exclusive email newsletters.